In recovery from Substance Use Disorder (SUD) and looking for a new career?
A family member who’s been impacted by a loved one’s SUD?
Interested in a career that helps those with SUD?
Career Connect Purpose: Support to Communities: Fostering Opioid Recovery through Workforce
Development, funded through a federal award from the US Department of Labor (DOL).
CareerSource Flagler Volusia (CareerSource FV) was one of five statewide workforce development
boards to receive this award. CareerSource FV was eligible due to the increase in opioid-related
deaths that surpassed the national average, which was the threshold requirement.
The purpose of the award is to:
• Address health and economic impacts of widespread substance and opioid misuse, substance use disorder, and overdoses.
• Provide employment and training services to workers in significantly impacted communities.
Volusia Recovery Alliance is working with CareerSource FV to research best and promising
practices and collaborate with other community resources to replicate those models in our area. We
want to create sustainable relationships that will build:
1) Connected and recoveree-centric care,
2) A referral system between CareerSource FV and area treatment organizations
3) A network of peers to work with medical and law enforcement entities and other fields that are involved in recovery
4) Awareness to businesses to reduce the stigma of substance use disorder. Career Connect will:
• Provide career development services to persons affected by substance use disorder.
• Train new and current employees in medical, mental health and recovery-related fields to offer solutions to the opioid crisis.
• Provide workers in unfilled positions such as nurses and peers
• Train workers in these fields to better identify and respond
• Train and provide resources to Human Resource personnel regarding best practices for dealing with the opioid crisis